A Chapter From RAIN IS NOT MY INDIAN NAME
Warning: this page gives away some events and language from the novel.
- Does Rain go to church on Sunday morning?
- Who does Spence imitate on the museum stage?
- What new measure of Mrs. Owen’s does The Flash ask the Indian Campers about?
- What surprise information does Queenie have for Rain about Galen and the dance? What about related to Rain and Mrs. Owen?
- Where does Rain run after leaving the fight with Queenie?
For Book Talks Or For Your Journal
What is symbolism? What does Rain’s camera symbolize about her?
After her fight with Queenie, Rain runs almost four miles in cowboy boots to the front gate of the Garden of Roses Cemetery.
Why does she go there?
Why can’t she manage to pass through the gates to the cemetery itself?