- What has Marie done wrong in helping to construct the pasta bridge?
- What does Rain want to buy as a baby present?
- Why does Rain’s initial gift plan fall through?
- What does Queenie inform The Flash about the history of pasta?
- What does everyone find out about Queenie’s heritage?
For Book Talks Or Your Journal
personal flaws and false assumptions
Rain is a likable girl, but she is not a perfect person. For example, she says, “I wasn’t the kind of girl who hung out at the trailer park. I didn’t want a reputation like Lorelei’s.” Where did Rain pick up these attitudes? How does her perspective about the trailer park and Lorelei change over the course of the book?
When Rain is at Dmitri’s trailer, she says “beautiful” several times, accidentally insults the dreamcatcher made by his mother, retreats once to the bathroom, and repeatedly stumbles over her words. What is wrong with her? Is she just worried about gossip, or is it something more? Can you think of all the feelings she might be having?
With her mother’s permission, the name Aiyana was borrowed from the baby daughter of my best childhood friend.