Consider the image on the cover of INDIAN SHOES. From that illustration, what can you figure out about the book? Can you guess what the stories might be about? Do you have an idea where the stories take place? Who do you think the heroes are? Can you imagine what you might learn?
1. What would Grampa Halfmoon say if he saw the card the librarian placed by Ray’s shoes?
2. Will having moccasins ease Grampa’s homesickness? Will he get to go home soon? What clues does the author give you?
3. After the events of the wedding, what do you think Ray and Grampa will do the next time they’re asked to be in a wedding? Why?
4. What will the owners of all the pets say to Grampa and Ray?
5. Will Ray create more pictures using the collage approach? What makes you think so?
6. In “Team Colors,” do you think that, at their next baseball game, the other players will come sporting team colors?
7. Will Ray get up before sunrise to go night fishing again? Why?