Applications are invited for an intern to assist in the production of Cynsations and associated web-/social media for October to March of 2017. It may also include author event and manuscript research support.
Duties would include assistance with:
- coordinating, conducting and formatting interviews, guest posts, and announcements that tie into the children’s-YA literature, writing, illustration, publishing, educational and gatekeeper communities;
- promoting all of the above;
- updating Cynthia Leitich Smith’s Children’s Literature Resources and related social media channels.
The internship is non-paid, however, it will include a custom-tailored professional and creative advisory program, the specifics of which would depend on individual needs and interests.
In addition, the intern would be promoted across the platform. Note: realism and fantasy, children’s-YA fiction writers only. No currently enrolled MFA students.
The opportuity is ideal for children’s-YA writers who are not-yet-published but have been steadily writing and pursuing craft-building opportunities (such as SCBWI or Highlights workshops, a completed MFA, writers.com classes, etc.) as well as new voices, and/or writers with a history of publication who’re looking to shift age-level and/or genre focus, want to take craft to the next level, and/or are interested in building marketing skills and savvy.
Between Sept. 11 and Sept. 30, please email cynthia at cynthialeitichsmith.com with a 500-word statement of interest that touches on:
- commitment to the youth literature, its conversations and community;
- study in the craft of writing for young readers;
- social media savvy.
Please include relevant links. References and/or interest in diverse (defined broadly) youth literature also are especially welcome and should be mentioned.
Thank you for your consideration!