Skip to content
- Explain what a jingle does.
- Identify the characters who help Jenna prepare for the powwow.
- Describe what happens in the story in your own words.
- Retell why each person can’t dance at the powwow.
- What can you learn from the way Jenna solved her problem?
- What did you learn about contemporary Native Americans?
- How is a powwow similar to a ballet recital? How is it different?
- Examine where each of the characters live. Is it what you expected? Why or why not?
- Imagine you were going to jingle dance. What things would you have to learn before that would be possible?
- What events are important in your family each year? In what ways do you prepare for them?
- What do you suppose happens after the powwow?
- Which scene of the book is your favorite? Why?