Jennifer Ward was kind enough to assemble these links to grant programs that may be used to finance author/illustrator/children’s book programming. I’m passing them on to you with her permission.
- The Educational Enrichment Foundation offers grants that specifically support schools, libraries and literacy (for Arizona)
- The NEA (National Education Association)
- How to Write a Grant Proposal:
- Wells Fargo Charitable Contributions for Education & Educators (specify state)
- Amber Brown Grant from SCBWI
Greg Pincus on Alternative Funding Options for Author Visits. Peek: “While many schools still have budgets for traditional visits, when I was getting feedback about my project, there was a lot of enthusiasm for the idea of alternative funding for visits. This means that the idea has value for that community, too.”